Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baby/Toddler Recipe: Salmon Sticks

I thought I would share a quick, healthy recipe that I found that was a HIT with Haley! The best part is that I got to use up a bunch of baby food that I had made previously since she is growing out of that.

Salmon Sticks (from here)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup chopped frozen spinach (thaws out to 1.5 Tbsp. of spinach)
1.5 Tbsp. pumpkin or sweet potato puree
1 egg white (I prefer cage-free organic - they just taste better!)
1 6 oz. can wild Alaskan salmon
Milk of your choice (I used formula)
1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko because I already knew Haley loved it from when I made this!)
More bread crumbs for rolling

Directions:

Mix peas, corn, spinach and pumpkin/sweet potato in a blender, food processor or bullet. (This is where my leftovers came in handy - I already had these pureed and frozen so I just thawed them up and mixed together!) 

Such pretty colors!
Then add in the salmon (drained), bread crumbs and egg white.


Roll into logs and freeze for 1 hour. Dredge frozen logs in milk and then breadcrumbs. Freeze until you are ready to eat. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes from frozen.

Done!
I think this took me all of 10 minutes. I just make 1 at a time for Haley when they are on the menu. They go great with sweet potato fries and applesauce!

Haley approves!


2 comments:

  1. Those sound delicious! I might have to try one when I'm over next time :)

    ReplyDelete