Monday, January 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Enchiladas

I love Mexican food...a lot. We eat Mexican food (usually Americanized, unfortunately) as much as possible. This weekend when I decided to try a new food adventure, I was smart enough to snap a few pictures so I could share!

I found two recipes that sounded pretty good on Pinterest (of course!) and combined them to make my own version of Slow Cooker Enchiladas. 10 minutes of prep and 4 hours on low and I got a FANTASTIC dinner.

Slow Cooker Enchiladas
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can green chills
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can black beans (drained)
2 cans corn (drained)
1 small container sour cream
1 package frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken
1 package shredded cheddar
1 package flour tortilla shells
Slow Cooker Liners (on of my favorite inventions EVER)


Line your slow cooker. If you don't have a liner, use some Pam. Mix chicken, soup and chills sour cream together and put in the bottom of your slow cooker. Then mix beans, corn and enchilada sauce and make another layer. Cover with about 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Put slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Give everything a good stir 10 minutes before serving.

Serve by filling the tortillas and rolling them up! I added a little extra sour cream on top of mine for good measure! It is also excellent over rice.

The recipe makes a TON of enchiladas and it freezes well, too. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment