Friday, July 13, 2012

Vacation: Part 2

The next few days of our vacation were also wonderful! We stopped into Duluth to have lunch with Jesse's sister and our niece and nephew! Then it was off to Gooseberry Falls for a SHORT hike (I can't go too far, plus it wasn't exactly "cooler by the lake" that day). 

29 weeks!

Wally was VERY popular with the kids that were are the falls. Not too many people bring their dogs, even though it is a very pet-friendly State Park!
Then I decided to try my macro filter when we got back to the lake and our oldest nephew had just happened to find this beauty! We're pretty sure it will turn into an American Dagger Moth.


Got a few bonus flower photos...check out the sneaky little spider on the daisy!



This just makes me laugh, so I had to post it. I'm not 100% sure of the back story, but our oldest nephew likes to call my dad a hippie ("hey, you hippie!"), which is about the furthest thing from what my dad is...


Finally, what would a day at the lake be without witnessing one of these! I love that the lake shore faces West, so we pretty much get these beautiful sunsets every night. I try not to take it for granted.


Still...more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment